A PGDM programme typically lasts between one and two years and provides students with deep and comprehensive exposure to all management principles. Marketing, Finance, and HR are a few of the more well-liked PGDM specializations. A PGDM programme exposes students to actual business settings and focuses more on the technical components of the subject.
PGDM in Canada: Qualifications & Eligibility
The requirements for admission to a PGDM in Canada differ from university to university. However, the following criteria are typically needed for admission to a PGDM programme:
- An undergraduate degree
- Valid IELTS/TOEFL score to demonstrate your English language competency.
- For entry into a PGDM degree, many Canadian colleges require 1-2 years of work experience.
- You must send the following paperwork with the application form
- LORs and SOPs
- Transcripts for every qualification in education
- Assurance of Funds
Requirement for Language
For admission to Canadian universities, the English proficiency test is required for all prospective overseas students. The tests have the following minimum scores:
IELTS 5.5 to 6.5 TOEFL 8.5 to 9.5 PTE 50 to 60 CAEL 60 to 70
Documents Needed for Canadian PGDM Studies
For Indian students applying to PGDM programmes in Canada, a number of documents are needed. The following list includes some standard document specifications
- Transcripts for all academic records
- Scorecards from English language tests
- Letter of Recommendation or LOR, or Curriculum Vitae
- IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAEL, and SOP or Statement of Purpose Scorecards Work Experience Certificate (if applicable)
IELTS Requirements for Top Canadian Universities
Band requirements for PGDM in Canada’s Top Universities are shown in the table below:
- The University of Toronto: 6.5(with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
- University of McGill: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
- British Columbia University: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
- University of Montreal: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
- Alberta University: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
- McMaster University: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
- University of Waterloo: 6.5 to 7.0
- Western College: 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each section)
Read Also:- 5 Simple Ways To Boost Your Webinar ROI
Why is IELTS Required For Students In Canada?
IELTS is becoming more and more popular among applicants because it is required by all of the best Canadian colleges and universities.
IELTS Band Criteria For Student Visa In Canada
You would need a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (overall) if you were a student and wanted to study in Toronto, Ottawa, Manitoba, Halifax, Nova Scotia, etc. The level of the studies you select will also affect the precise criteria.
In general, you must have at least 5.5 bands in each area of the IELTS exam and an aggregate score of 6.0 in order to apply to undergraduate programmes regardless of your educational background or degree level. pertaining to graduate programmes. For postgraduate studies, however, you will need an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, as well as a minimum band of 6.0 in each component.
The minimum IELTS scores you must obtain to get admission to a Canadian university is listed below:
- Certificate, Bachelor’s, and Graduate Programs
- IELTS: Post-graduate/Masters Courses with a 6 or 6.5
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no bands lower than 6
Minimum IELTS Score Eligibility to study in Canada
The minimum IELTS eligibility for admission to Canadian colleges is 6.0. International students must have a minimum of 5.5 IELTS scores in each module in order to qualify for a study permit or visa in Canada. For various undergraduate and graduate programmes at Canadian universities, a minimum score will be needed. After the age of 12, pupils must score at least 5.5 in each of the four categories—Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening.
A PGDM is less expensive than a master’s degree. As a result, it is well-liked by foreign students in Canada. The prerequisite for entrance to a PGDM programme in Canada is a bachelor’s degree. The IELTS exam has four discrete bands, and each band represents a score that can be used to assess a student’s proficiency in that part.
The overall grade for undergraduate courses would be close to 6.0.